Saturday, February 10, 2018 to Monday, February 12, 2018
Sat, 02/10/2018 - 10:00am to Mon, 02/12/2018 - 4:00pm
Greetings friends and supporters of The Ojai Foundation,
Over the months since the fire, many of you have reached out with offers of support as we recover from the fire. It has been, and continues to be a long recovery, and we are doing our best to match pace with the many moving parts, and especially, the needs of the land itself. Thank you for your patience!
We would love to invite you to participate in our first major public volunteer effort. We will be focused on clearing and consolidating debris, and cleaning up the land. Depending on who shows up and how things go, there may be additional projects that are underway, such as the water retention and erosion prevention efforts. There is much to do, so we will find a job for anyone willing to help.
Please come join us for as much time as you are willing and available:
- Saturday, February 10th – 10am – 4pm potluck dinner to follow at 6pm. All are welcome.
- Sunday, February 11th – 10am – 4pm
- Monday, February 12th – 10am – 4pm
We will begin and end the day in circle, and make good use of the mindfulness bell throughout. Please plan to come for the full day, if possible.
What to bring:
- Heavy-duty work gloves
- Work Boots
- Full water bottle (the water on the land is not yet potable; we will send an update if this changes)
- Clothes you can get dirty, and a change of clothes (in case you get dirty)
- Safety glasses or goggles (optional, but a really good idea)
- Sack lunch
- Rain Gear (weather dependent)
We will provide:
- H-95 masks
- Water refills
- This is an open invitation, so please feel free to invite friends.
RSVP by send a message to David@ojaifoundation.org.
NOTE: We regret that we are unable to accommodate overnight stays on the land at this time.
We look forward to seeing you, up on the land, soon.
With deep gratitude,
The Executive Stewardship Circle